Today we went to the elephant camp. We saw a show. An AMAZING show. There are not many shows where elephants play harmonicas, play football and paint pictures. At the elephant camp, most of the elephants each have their own flag (england, germany, korea, etc.) painted on them. After the show, we went to the elephant nursery where we saw a baby elephant.
After that we went to an orchid farm and I had a coke. Needless to say, it was enough adventure for one day.
Xorbing. The best extreme sport ever. You feel an unearthly sensation when being rolled down a hill in a giant hamster-ball and splashing into a lake. It’s soft, inflatable, has safety harnesses and has 2 huge holes to get in and out. It’s also pretty warm.
But be careful; it’s soundproof and so if you get stuck (like I did) then don’t call for help; gesture for it. I really enjoyed it and reccomend it for ages 7-37 or thereabouts. Anyhoo, it’s great.
So here we are, a day after we did the jungle trek and came back in one piece. Or thereabouts. I tripped over at one bit and almost got my eye poked out by a bamboo shoot. I had a go at spear fishing too, but the mask was the wrong shape for my high cheekbones. It was a really hard 45 km trek but normal for laos. :O
Seriously.. did anyone really believe that receptionist a single bit when he said “No road! No bus!”? We didn’t. But he meant it. We got on the bus only to find that the road was only partially built so we had to wait for them to fix it. Truly annoying. Result: we got in waaaay over schedule. Now we know why the old lady bagsied the floor.
Zombie survival for n0obs
If you get stuck in a zombie epidemic:
- Get a weapon for close combat and a big gun or a more portable weapon or at least a makeshift one e.g. an aerosol + a lighter- voila, instant flamethrower.
- Get fit. No point in running if you’re a 35-stone slob.
- Zombies are dumb animals. They will never suspect a trap.
- Lights out. Zombies will be attracted by halogen.
- NO GAPING! Zombies may waste a little time and you must use these seconds to escape.
- Sleep safe. Fortify your sleeping place.
- No toys. This is a zombie apocalypse mate, luxuries can wait.
- Don’t hesitate. Have a weapon, have no conscience.
- Have backup. Stay near each other.
- Formulate a plan. Blind heroics will probably get you killed.
Today we got to see incense sticks being made.
- Gather the sticks and herbs.
- Sand the sticks and powderise the herbs.
- Switch on the machine.
- Load the powder into the vertical funnel-like bit of the machine.
- Shove the sticks into a horizontal funnel next to the cogs, yellow bit first.
- Make sure the stick breaks the laser.
- When the stick stops breaking the laser, use your finger.
- Put the finished stick on the rack to age.
- Put the surplus incense back in the vertical funnel.
I know this because I had a go. 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀
Here’s a video of me doing it. [wpvideo qiJKSGJx]
Ok, so we have just had an awesome junk tour on ha long bay and I am writing a post on it. My favourite was monkey island where the monkeys are friendly enough to eat from your hand and so know where your food will be hidden. Dad nearly got mugged by a hungry monkey.
However, this does not stop them from defending their kids. One actually hissed at me when I came too close. It was either food, or go away till you have some. I also went fishing. Sadly I don’t think fish like to bite moving lures.